Aurora families shopping for a new vehicle have two excellent options from Toyota. Both the 2019 Toyota Highlander and the 2019 Toyota Sienna have a standard suite of safety features with Toyota Safety Sense™, and they’re backed by the reliability of this automaker. While both are strong contenders, there are some differences you’ll want to know about before making a decision, so we’re comparing the 2019 Toyota Highlander vs. 2019 Toyota Sienna to help you choose your next family-friendly ride.
Pricing and Configurations
- 2019 Toyota Highlander: This Toyota SUV starts at $31,330 MSRP*, and the top-tier Limited trim is $42,430 MSRP*. There are eight total configurations to choose from, including hybrid options. The 2020 Highlander offers five configurations.
- 2019 Toyota Sienna: The Toyota minivan has a starting price of $31,115 MSRP*, and the top trim costs $44,010 MSRP*. The Sienna is available in seven configurations.
Interior Features and Dimensions
- Safety: Both Toyota vehicles have an integrated backup camera, but only the Highlander has he Integrated backup camera with a projected path.
- Rear Seats: Both the Highlander and the Sienna have 60/40-split rear seats. The Sienna also features the Split & Stow third-row seat with one-motion stow, while the Highlander offers a fold-flat third-row seat with sliding headrests and recline function.
- Interior Space: The Toyota Highlander offers 40.7 inches of headroom in the front row, 39.9 inches in the second row, and 35.9 inches in the third row. The Sienna interior has 41 inches of headroom in the front row, 39.7 inches in the second row, and 38.3 inches in the third row.
- Cargo Space: Behind the front seats, the Highlander provides 83.7 cubic feet of storage space, 42.3 cubic feet behind the second row, and 13.8 cubic feet behind the third row. Behind the front row of the Toyota Sienna, Plainfield drivers can take advantage of 150 cubic feet of cargo room, 87.1 cubic feet behind the second row, and 39.1 cubic feet behind the third row.
- Seating: Both vehicles offer room for up to eight passengers to ride around the Wheaton area, depending on which trim level you choose.
Do You Prefer the 2019 Highlander or the Sienna?
Now that you know more about the pricing and interior features of each Toyota vehicle, which will be the right choice for your Wheaton family? Make the decision even easier and test drive both at Toyota of Naperville. Contact us with any questions as well as to learn about our new Toyota Highlander lease deals.
*MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $920 for Cars (Yaris, Yaris iA, 86, Corolla, Corolla HB, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $1045 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,295 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,395 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.