Drive, Train, Bus, Bike, or Walk: Getting From Naperville to Chicago
One of the best things about living in Naperville is being so close to Chicago. If you want to take a trip into the Windy City, here’s how to do it via:
Visit by Car
Taking your new car from Naperville to Chicago? It’s easy enough to head from Naperville, IL to Chicago, IL by following this route:
- Take the I-88 E in Lisle Township from Gartner Rd. and S. Naper Blvd.
- Take I-290 E to W. Congress Parkway in Chicago.
It only takes a little over an hour, but there are tolls. If you’d prefer to go toll-free but take a gamble on the traffic, you can:
- Get on I-355 S in Woodridge from 75th St.
- Drive from I-55 N to Chicago.
- Take exit 293A from I-55 N.
There are quite a few bus routes from Naperville to Chicago, but the easiest is probably:
- Naperville Metra (4th Ave. and Center St.) to Yorktown Mall Dr. & 60 Yorktown Shopping Center.
- Yorktown Center (North Entrance) to Cermak/Mannheim.
- Mannheim/Cermak to Archer/Harlem (SW).
- Midway Orange Line Station to Central Chicago.
Biking from Naperville to Chicago is just about doable, but it’ll take you a buttock-numbing 3 hours and twenty minutes. You have two options when it comes to how to get from Naperville to Chicago.
W. Branch DuPage River Trail:
- Head south-east on Alder Lane towards Gartner Rd.
- Turn left onto Gartner Rd.
- Turn right onto W. Branch DuPage River Trail and Follow to Chicago.
Illinois Prairie Path:
- Take the W. Branch DuPage River Trail.
- Turn onto Wiesbrook Rd. S.
- Slight right onto Illinois Prairie Path.
In the mood for some cardio, are we? Well, a stroll from Naperville to Chicago will do the trick.
- Follow 75th St. through Woodridge.
- Take a right onto Plainfield Rd.
- Continue north when You Hit East Ave.
- Take a right at 47th Street.
- Take a left back onto Plainfield Rd.
- Follow the Historic Route 66.
- Turn right onto W. Jackson Blvd. and head to the center.
It should take about 10 hours, so maybe take an oat bar?
All of that makes traveling sound much more convenient in a new or used car, right?
More from Toyota of Naperville
Many drivers interested in a new Toyota SUV often ask, “What is the price of a Toyota RAV4?” The 2021 Toyota RAV4 configurations are priced between $26,050 MSRP* and $37,030 MSRP*, and with available hybrid options, they’re great options for almost any budget. Learn more about all this family-friendly Toyota SUV has to offer you…
Looking for a new, fully-loaded sedan for your Aurora commutes? The 2021 Toyota Camry configurations give drivers the option to choose the trim that best suits their driving needs throughout Wheaton and beyond. Learn more about the Toyota Camry trims levels and more with us at Toyota of Naperville today! View Camry Inventory Contact Us 2021 Toyota…
When properly equipped, the 2021 Toyota Highlander can pull up to 5,000 pounds on Plainfield roads. In addition to a high towing power, the Highlander offers a high-end interior for maximum comfort and advanced technology for a smooth, comfortable, and connected drive. Learn more about the 2021 Toyota Highlander towing capacity as well as other…