Efficiency Scores Soar With the 2017 Toyota Prius
The 2017 Toyota Prius is able to deliver up to 58 mpg* without sacrificing the agile and vibrant ride for which the line has become known across the globe. World-class fuel economy comes standard, and you can even enjoy the freedom to upgrade to the new Prius Two Eco for an extra dash of efficiency. For a line that has been so environmentally friendly, there’s nothing more important than letting you cruise in comfort while consuming as little fuel as possible, and the 2017 model certainly lives up to that promise.
The 2017 Toyota Prius delivers its enticing fusion of efficiency and performance through one of the most outstanding powertrains in the hybrid segment. Power flows through:
- 1.8L Aluminum DOHC VVT Four-Cylinder Gas Engine
- Permanent Magnet AC Synchronous Motor
- Sealed Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery
- Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT)
Ultimately, you’ll have up to 121 hp with which to express yourself across city street and highway alike, with efficiency reaching up to 54 mpg in the city and 50 mpg on the highway** as standard or 58 mpg in the city and 53 mpg on the highway* with the Prius Two Eco.
You can even cycle between three drive modes to tailor vehicle dynamics around changing conditions:
- EV: Runs on electric power alone for a certain distance, making short journeys around Elmhurst or Aurora into the ultimate fuel-saver.
- ECO: Places focus on efficiency to take you further while burning less.
- POWER: Enhanced gas pedal feedback, perfect for when you need to overtake or merge onto the highway.
In general, it’s the powertrain of the 2017 Toyota Prius that gets the attention, but don’t let yourself be fooled into thinking that it’s only what is under the hood that matters. With advanced body materials increasing rigidity while dropping weight, the Toyota Prius boasts precise handling and braking worthy of a high-end sport’s car, with the choice to equip touring-tuned suspension for drivers who really want to push the vehicle to its limits.
The distinctive triangular silhouette of the Toyota Prius remains, embracing sleek, sweeping lines, aerodynamic stabilizing fins, underbody panels, an active grille shutter, and wind-cheating rear spoiler to cross the road swiftly while meeting a minimum of wind-resistance.
Take Advantage of Unrivaled Hybrid Engineering with the 2017 Toyota Prius
Getting behind the wheel of the 2017 Toyota Prius and starting up the engine means benefiting from over 15 years of eco leadership. With drive systems tested and enhanced year-on-year, the Toyota Prius line remains incredible in terms of both efficiency and performance. To experience its ride for yourself, don’t hesitate to contact Toyota of Naperville today.
* 2017 EPA-estimated 58 city/53 highway/56 combined mpg for Prius Two Eco. Actual mileage will vary.
** 2017 EPA-estimated 54 city/50 highway/52 combined mpg for Prius. Actual mileage will vary.