All 2018 Toyota Prius models come fitted with a 1.8L 4-cylinder engine that pairs with the electric motor and generators to create a combined output of up to 121 hp. You can expect efficiency scores to come in at:
- Up to 54 mpg in the city and 50 mpg on the highway* as standard.
- Up to 58 mpg in the city and 53 mpg on the highway** with the Two Eco trim level.
And it isn’t just Toyota’s legendary hybrid engineering that lets you travel from Aurora to Oak Brook or Joliet into Chicago without worrying about your carbon footprint. The entire Prius package has been exceptionally crafted:
- Advanced Aerodynamics: The Prius profile has been artfully refined over the years to deliver exceptional performance. Its sweeping lines, active grille shutter, aero stabilizing fins, and underbody panels all work together to improve airflow and maximize efficiency.
- Advanced Bodywork: Using premium materials throughout the body helps the Toyota Prius control body roll and improve performance — it also helps burn less fuel.
When you take advantage of Toyota Prius engineering, you become part of the hybrid revolution this line has led for near on two decades. With over 18 million sold, the Prius family is clearly the efficiency front-runner. In addition to cutting down on fuel costs for drivers across the world, the Prius lineup has helped prevent an estimated 11,794,335 tons of C02 emissions being released into the atmosphere.
And don’t assume efficiency takes total priority over performance. Just a few of the latest Toyota Prius performance features include:
- Independent MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
- Double-Wishbone Style Multi-Link Rear Suspension with Front and Rear Stabilizer Bars
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Available Touring-tuned Suspension