Explore Changes Made for the Stunning 2017 Toyota Prius
The 2017 Toyota Prius has arrived at the Toyota of Naperville showroom with a number of impressive changes. The Toyota Prius line never sits still for long, instead continuing to push the industry forward by embracing the latest technologies and surpassing the highest of the standards. For 2017, the vehicle receives cutting-edge driver-assistance technologies as standard, all while retaining the exquisite performance and efficiency expected of any Toyota Prius nameplate.
The Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) Package
The Toyota Prius has always made waves in the automotive world thanks to its blend of cool styling and revolutionary hybrid technology, but the real news with the 2017 model is the addition of the Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) package as standard, which makes the rare move of providing the following state-of-the-art driver assistance technologies across every model:
- Lane Departure Alert: Inadvertently straying from your chosen lane? The Lane Departure Alert will let you know by providing visual and audible warnings. Should you fail to react, Steering Assist will apply gentle corrective steering pressure to bring you safely back to center.
- Full-Speed Range Radar Cruise Control: A forward-sensing radar array and intelligent camera can accurately measure the speed of the vehicle ahead. That information is then used to adjust your own speed accordingly, so the Toyota Prius can be slowed for traffic and then accelerated once the road ahead is clear, all automatically.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: If a vehicle is getting close enough to potentially cause a collision or a pedestrian might be about to wander into the path of your vehicle, audible and visual warnings will alert you to the situation. The brakes can even be applied automatically.
- Automatic High Beams: Driving at night presents its own set of challenges, so the 2017 Toyota Prius has responded. Incoming cars will be detected, and your high beams will be turned off and on again accordingly.
Pioneering Performance and Technology
One thing that hasn’t changed is the Toyota Prius powertrain, which uses leading industry technology to combine a 121-hp output with the ability to make up to 58 mpg in the city and 53 mpg on the highway* with the Prius Two Eco.
The vehicle is also brimming with technologies, so you’d have a first-class model even without Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) as standard. Amenities include:
- Qi Wireless Charging
- Head-Up Display
- 4.2-Inch Color Dual Multi-Informational Display (MID)
- 7-inch Touchscreen
- Intelligent Parking Assist
Changes to the 2017 Toyota Prius Elevate It Above the Competition
The Prius has always rested at a higher echelon than other hybrid models, and the changes made to the 2017 model have elevated it even further. If you’d like to explore the latest Toyota Prius firsthand, simply contact Toyota of Naperville today to arrange a test drive.
* 2017 EPA-estimated 58 city/53 highway/56 combined mpg for Prius Two Eco. Actual mileage will vary.