How to Use Your Toyota Power Liftgate
Available with most Toyota SUVs, the Toyota power liftgate is a feature you’ll soon ask yourself how you lived without. Able to open and close without requiring the usual effort and annoyance, the power liftgate is a cinch to use and easy to customize, making it ideal for drivers in the Aurora area. That’s why we’re able to set out everything you need to know in one quick and easy post.
The power liftgate on your Toyota has a number of convenient ways you can open and close it:
- From inside the vehicle, pressing and holding the Power Liftgate button once will open or close the liftgate. Pressing the button during the door’s operation will pause it. To reverse the action, press and hold it again.
- From outside the vehicle, the liftgate can be opened by pressing and momentarily holding the Power Liftgate button on your Smart Key until you hear a beep. To reverse the action, press and hold it again.
- On the door, you can use the switch mounted under the Toyota emblem. With your Smart Key in proximity, press it once — a beep will sound, and the door will open. To close, press the button on the inside of the liftgate. Pressing the button while the door is opening or closing will stop it. Pressing it again will reverse the action.
- You can also use the handle to lower the door. As you lower the door, a beep will sound and the door will close automatically.
The power liftgate opening height can be customized to your preference in a couple of different ways.
- With the door open, gently adjust the door to your preferred opening height, then press and hold the Power Liftgate button until you hear four beeps confirming it’s been set. The next time you open the Power Liftgate, it will open to your set height.
- Another way to customize the power liftgate is in the Multi-Information Display. Using the steering wheel-mounted controls, go to the Settings menu. Scroll to the PBD (or Power Back Door) icon and select it. Select System Settings and use the center button to choose All Off or All On. Press the back arrow to save your setting. Scroll down for the Opening Adjustment and select it. This lets you set the door to one of several preset heights. Use the up or down arrow buttons to choose your desired opening height and press the center button to save the setting.
- The beep volume can be adjusted on some vehicles by pressing the center button repeatedly. Once you’ve made your selections, press the back arrow and the system will save your settings.
On some Toyota models, you may be able to adjust the power liftgate’s opening height settings through the multimedia system’s display.
- From the Settings menu, select Other Vehicle Settings, and then Power Back Door Opening Adjust. The opening height of the rear door can be set to one of a few preset heights. Once you’ve made your selections, select the back arrow and the system will save your settings.
Learn More by Contacting Toyota of Naperville
Whether using your Toyota 4Runner power liftgate to pack shopping in Plainfield or adjusting the height of your Toyota RAV4 power liftgate for short overhangs in Wheaton parking lots, it’s a feature that comes in handy throughout the day. To learn more about this feature, the Toyota Highlander interior, Toyota RAV4 lease deals, our inventory of used Toyota Tacoma models, and more, contact us today.
More Toyota Video Guides
Available with most Toyota SUVs, the Toyota power liftgate is a feature you’ll soon ask yourself how you lived without. Able to open and close without requiring the usual effort and annoyance, the power liftgate is a cinch to use and easy to customize, making it ideal for drivers in the Aurora area. That’s why we’re…
Toyota Safety Sense™ is one of the premier collections of safety features you’ll find, but it’s only available on new Toyota models. With the introduction of Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0, it’s gotten even better, and can give you more confidence on your Aurora and Plainfield commutes. Toyota Safety Sense™New Toyota Inventory Video Transcript Toyota Safety…
Toyota Lane Tracing Assist joins existing Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 technologies to bring next-generation safety to each and every drive. It’s a feature that you should become familiar with, so we’ve put together a quick and easy guide. Toyota Safety Sense™Contact Us Video Transcription Toyota Safety Sense™ (or TSS) is a suite of advanced active safety…